Baby Beets with Pistachio-Mint Pesto
- Prep Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $7.50
- 20 Comments
This unique and very flavorful vegan salad is made extra-simple when prepared using Trader Joes’ packaged baby beets highly recommended is serving it with a dollop of creamy Greek yogurt.
- 1/2 cup unsalted toasted pistachios $2
- 2/3 cup (packed) fresh mint leaves $1 for a bunch
- 1 clove garlic, smashed Pantry
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- juice of 1/2 lemon $0.50 for a whole lemon
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 12 baby beets, steamed and peeled (or use 2 packages of Trader Joes' steamed, peeled baby beets), sliced into wedges $4
Recipe Serves 4
- Combine pistachios, mint and garlic in a food processor or blender and pulse until roughly chopped.
- Stream in olive oil and lemon juice and continue pulsing until a chunky paste forms.
- Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place the pesto in the bottom of a serving bowl.
- Add the beets and toss well (this may take some time as the pesto is quite thick).
- Serve immediately.