$5 Dessert: Blueberry-Ginger Granita
- Prep Time 0:05
- Cook Time 0:00
- Estimated Cost $4.50
- 189 Comments
When it’s hot outside, it can be hard to imagine making a dessert involving heat. This light, refreshing, yet slightly spicy granita is my solution. Add vodka or rum for an instant blended cocktail.
- 1 cup frozen blueberries $4
- 1 small piece ginger, peeled and minced $0.50
- 1 tbsp sugar (or more, depending on taste) Pantry
- 5 cups ice cubes
Recipe Serves 2-3
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until fully incorporated. The consistency should be like a snow cone, not a smoothie, so add more ice as needed to achieve the proper texture.
- Serve in pretty bowls or glasses with a spoon.