Grilled Chicken-Avocado Caprese Salad
- Prep Time 0:15
- Cook Time 0:10
- 361 Comments
This is my current thing to eat for lunch…and dinner. And also for the occasional snack in between meals. It’s high-protein, rich in healthy fats, and filling. It fits nicely between two halves of a baguette, wrapped in lavash bread or, my favorite way, eaten as it is.
- extra virgin olive oil Pantry
- 1 8-10 oz. boneless, skinless chicken breast $3.50
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved $3 for a pint
- 1 4-oz. ball fresh buffalo mozzarella, cut into 1” chunks $3.50
- 1 avocado, diced $1.50
- 1 handful fresh basil, sliced thinly $1 for a bunch
- 1 tbsp balsamic vinegar Pantry
Total Cost of Ingredients $12.50
Brush a grill, grill pan or cast iron pan with olive oil and heat over medium heat. Grill the chicken breast, seasoning liberally with salt and pepper as you cook it, for 4-5 minutes on each side, or until cooked-through but still juicy. Remove from heat, let cool slightly and chop into 1” pieces.
Toss together the chicken, tomatoes, mozzarella, avocado and basil. Toss with 2 tbsp olive oil, the balsamic and more salt and pepper to taste.
Serve immediately or chill and serve cold.