Mini Lamb-Feta Burgers with Lemon-Dill Sauce
- Prep Time 0:25
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $17.50
- 38 Comments
This meal was inspired by a lamb burger I had at one of my all-time favorite restaurants in San Francisco, The Monk’s Kettle. These little burgers are so good I doubt you’ll be able to eat just one, which is lucky because they’re little. They’re also delicious minus the pita and sauce, over a bed of lightly-dressed spinach.
- 1/2 lb lean ground lamb $5
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced $0.50
- 1 small bunch flat-leaf parsley, chopped $1
- 2 oz. crumbled feta cheese $4 for 6 oz.
- 3 tsp olive oil, divided, plus more for pan Pantry
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided Pantry
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt (any % fat) $2 for 6 oz
- juice and zest of 1/2 lemon $0.50
- 1/4 tsp dried dill $1.50 for 1 oz.
- salt and pepper to taste Pantry
- 4 small pita rounds, halved $2 for 10
- 1 cup fresh spinach leaves $1
- Combine lamb, onion, parsley, feta, 2 tsp olive oil, 2 cloves garlic and 1/2 tsp each of salt and pepper in a mixing bowl. Very gently use clean hands to combine all ingredients, being careful not to break the feta down. Form into 8 patties, about 2 1/2" wide. Set patties on a clean plate.
- Lightly brush a grill pan, regular pan or grill with enough olive oil to lightly grease it. Cook burgers to desired done-ness (I like medium rare: 2-3 minutes on each side). Remove from heat.
- Whisk together the yogurt with remaining minced clove of garlic, 1 tsp olive oil, lemon juice, dill and salt and pepper to taste.
- To serve the burgers, place a small handful of spinach into each pita pocket. Place a burger in with the spinach and drizzle with the yogurt sauce. Serve immediately.
Makes 8 mini-burgers.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Laurie Atwater, on Feb 1, 09:17 AM, wrote:
This looks fabulous. I have a heck of time trying to find ground lamb here in Hoosierland. I can order it from the meat dept. at Kroger, but better than a week ahead. This will force me to do some big ‘ol meal planning!
Sarah B, on Feb 5, 09:38 AM, wrote:
Yum! Made these last night – They were fantastic. Thanks for the new recipe – to be featured in our family dinner roation (and maybe even on Superbowl Sunday…)