Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream
- Prep Time 1:00
- Cook Time 0:10
- Estimated Cost $11.00
- 2 Comments
We’re quickly approaching summer (yay!), so lately I’ve been breaking out all my favorite summer foods, and this ice cream is no exception. But last night, when Michael and I made this ice cream, the weather was cold and rainy, slashing our hopes of eating it in Dolores Park. We didn’t sulk though. We just whipped up some easy balsamic butterscotch sauce (2 tbsp butter, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar, pinch of salt, 1/4 cup half-and-half, whisk over medium heat until thick and velvety) and enjoyed our ice cream at my kitchen table.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, washed and stemmed $3
- 1 1/4 cups sugar Pantry
- 2 cups half-and-half $1.50 for a pint
- 1 tbsp vanilla $4 for 4 oz.
- 3 egg yolks $1.50 for 6 eggs
- pinch of salt Pantry
- In a food processor or blender, combine the strawberries and 1/4 cup of the sugar. Process until slightly chunky.
- In a medium pot over medium heat, combine the half-and-half, vanilla, salt and remaining sugar. Bring to a light simmer. In a mixing bowl, whisk the egg yolks until smooth. Add 1/2 cup of the hot half-and-half mixture to the egg yolks and whisk until smooth. Add the yolk mixture to the saucepan of liquid and whisk until combined. Bring the liquid back to simmer and continue to cook for 4 to 6 minutes, whisking throughout, until the mixture is thick and smooth. Remove from the heat and gently fold in the strawberries.
- Pour the mixture into a heat-proof bowl and place a piece of plastic wrap directly on top of the mixture. Place mixture in freezer for a few minutes to bring the temperature down to lukewarm. Freeze in ice cream maker, according to manufacturer's instructions.
Makes about 3 cups ice cream.
Leave a Comment
What They're Saying
Tree Removal Halifax, on Jun 16, 02:12 PM, wrote:
Keep up the good work and we will continue to support your web posts.
AlyceRyan, on Nov 14, 02:35 AM, wrote:
Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream is a better way to enjoy the sweet taste of strawberries, without the fuss. This ice cream is made from real strawberries, mixed with real cream and sugar for an original flavor that will leave you wanting more! Go to fully managed it services london ontario for best services. Fresh Strawberry Ice Cream is a great treat for any occasion. Whether it’s for breakfast or dessert, this frozen treat will be sure to satisfy your cravings. With no artificial flavors or preservatives added and with only natural ingredients, you can feel good about eating it.